- Live preview - see the image, title, description and tags the second you select or type.
- Zoom - zoom in by moving the slider bar up.
- Reposition - move the image around the photo card by dragging it.
- Sharper images - see sharper photos on your Retina iPad, iPhone, MacBooks or HiDPI Android devices.
Our goal was to make the submission process easier for the fantastic bloggers who contribute to the sites. We wanted to eliminate the need to re-size/crop in an image editor prior to submitting. Hopefully, bloggers can use the same photo that appears in their posts, as long as the image size is at least 550x550 pixels.
- Live preview - the minute you upload an image it appears in the photo card and the second you type in a title, description or tag it appears in the preview. You’ll need to hover over the image to see the title of the post.
- Zoom - by dragging the slider bar up, you can zoom in 25% max. We’ve limited it to 25% to prevent pixelation if you zoom in too much. This also helps limit the dreaded “composition - too tight” feedback reason!
- Reposition - now you can control the composition of the photo by dragging the image in the photo card and compose it nicely in our square format. We hope this eliminates a lot of composition issues (cut off focus) with the old submission form.
- Sharper images - the reason we increased the minimum image size 2X to 550x550 pixels is to display sharper images on Retina/HiDPI displays (Retina iPads, iPhones, MacBooks and HiDPI Android devices). If you look at old submissions on an retina iPad or HiDPI Android tablet, you’ll see blurry, sometimes grainy, images as the old 275x275 px photo is upscaled to fit the higher pixel density of these HiDPI displays.
- Tags - we reduced the number of tags allowed from 15 to 10. We’ve seen some abuse in tagging non-relevant terms and we want people to be more judicious in their tagging. Tags are primarily used for search results. If you don’t have a keyword in your description or title, i.e. vegan or chocolate, then tag your post appropriately. Our search function returns matching results from the post title, description and tag fields.
Let us know if you have any questions or issues with the new form. We hope it makes submitting to the site easier now!